WSHM02 – 2 Days Tsavo East Theater of the Wild & Taita Hills Games Sanctuary
This tour takes you to Tsavo East and Taita Hills Games Sanctuary. Saltlick lodge is built on stilts and you can view the game from your rooms as the wild animals came to leak salt from waterhole near the lodge. Game viewing is fantastic.
Day 1: From Mombasa Hotel/Beach/Airport to Tsavo East National Park | Taita Hills
Depart for Tsavo East entering through Bachuma gate and spotting game enroute, you’ll reach Voi Safari Lodge in time for lunch. After lunch depart for Taita Hills Game Sanctuary and check-in at the lodge. Embark on an afternoon game drive which ends after sunset. Dinner and overnight at Saltlick Lodge.
Tsavo East National Park – “Theatre of the Wild” – The sight of dust-red elephant wallowing, rolling and spraying each other with the midnight blue waters of palm-shaded Galana River is one of the most evocative images in Africa.
This, along with the 300 kilometer long Yatta Plateau, the longest lava flow in the world, make for an adventure unlike any other in the Tsavo East. The park forms the largest protected area in Kenya and is home to most of the larger mammals, vast herds of dust –red elephant, Rhino, buffalo, lion, leopard, pods of hippo, crocodile, waterbucks, lesser Kudu, gerenuk and the prolific bird life features 500 recorded species
Day 2: From Taita Hills Game Sanctuary back to Mombasa Hotel/Beach Airport
After breakfast embark on a mid-morning game drive through this reserve. After Lunch depart for Mombasa and drop off at your beach hotel/beach or Airport for departure.
Taita Hills Sanctuary: Early morning and late afternoon game drives provide an ideal opportunity to view and photograph the diverse array of wildlife within the sanctuary. The water holes below provide even a wonderful opportunity to view animals at close proximity within the comfort and confines of the lodges.
1st Jan – 31st Mar
1st Apr – 30th Jun
1st July – 2nd Jan
The above cost in USD or equivalent Includes
- Park fees or conservation fees
- All activities(Unless labeled as optional)
- All accommodation(Unless listed as upgrade)
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation
- All Taxes/VAT
- Meals(As specified in the day-by-day section)
- Drinking water(On all days in the bus during game drives)
- *AMREF Flying Doctor Service in the event of a necessity for evacuation to the nearest hospital
- International flights(From/to home)
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Tips(Tipping guideline US$10.00 pp per day)
- Personal items (Souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees